Monday 14 March 2011

Section 1: The Nature of Sound; Reflection


In this chapter I learn't about sound and longitudinal waves, the speed of sound, and things that move faster than sound.
I learn't that, wound is a disturbance that travels through a variety of different mediums in the form of longitudinal waves. Also that the speed that sound travels depends on the elasticity, density, and the temperature that the medium is. I also learn't about how my voice box and ear drum work as well as my vocal chords. Sounds can also travel through solids and liquids. I also thought that it was interesting about how the speed of sound is effected by how close together the particles in the medium/substance are.
Over all i think that the most interesting thing that i learn't about the nature of sound is that when sound hits a barrier with even the tiniest hole the waves will still pass through the hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment